Water Construction Update April 16, 2019
This week's planned construction includes:
- Install a storm sewer in Heart Park
- Fuse pipe for boring in Highway 200
- Excavate Highway 200 to locate the rural water line
- Saw cut pavement on Highway 200
Activity for the week of April 22-26.
- Bore water main on Highway 200 from Main Street to 3rd Street
- Bore 2 hydrants across the highway near Co-op Elevator
- Begin to install 4th Street water main between Highway 200 and Ave B North
Water Construction Info
The McClusky water system construction has begun. The project has been divided into five phases, which have been drawn on a map which is on display at City Hall.
Milling has been completed, and no parking zones have been marked off by cones and signs. These will be areas which will have soft spots. Do not drive and/or park on these areas.
Through the duration of the project, water may be turned off at any time, even in areas not currently under construction. The water will be turned on as soon as possible.
Phase 1 will begin April 8 and continue until approximately April 13. A water main will first be installed at the junction of Main Street and 4th Street East. Construction will them move north to Ave B North (Garlic St.), west to Main St. North, then south to Highway 200.
The city will update residents weekly on the construction's progress and what is planned for the coming week.
During Phase 2, the entire town will be without water for one day. We will make our best effort to notify residents in advance so they prepare.
Stay informed by reading the city website (McCluskyND.com) or the City Facebook page.
Thank you in advance for your patience, and we hope all goes well and the weather cooperates.